What We Thought Of This Product
Singer 7258 Computerized Sewing Machine
Priced between $100 and $200, this is a great budget option, and the ten presser feet included in your purchase make this perfect for quilting and crafting.
This comes with an easy threading system and an automatic needle threader, which when combined with an LED light makes this very user friendly.
While this is simple enough for beginners to use with ease, it does weigh almost 20 lbs so is not ideal if you fancy taking it to classes, or carrying it to a sewing or quilting group.
Singer is another great brand of sewing machine, and this particular model has won two Consumers Digest awards. Coupled with the 4.5 star rating on Amazon, you can reasonably believe that this is a great and reliable, high quality and low cost machine.
The heavy duty metal frame makes this perfect for the thicker materials often used in quilting, while the needle up/down and stop/start button are desirable qualities for a machine being used for quilting.
- Award winning machine from well known brand at a low cost
- Several features specifically sought after by quilting fans
- Easy to use and user friendly
- Metal frame is more durable and long lasting than plastic
- Very heavy so may only be appropriate for people who can leave it out, as it wold be awkward to move around
- LED light could be brighter
- Some customers believe there should be more work space around the needle